Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Chicken for Weight Watchers


I recently ran across a recipe online that got my mouth watering and seemed too easy not to try.  It wasn't a certified Weight Watcher's recipe .....not even touted as low fat.  However, I've learned over my many years of watching my weight, that Parmesan cheese can fit nicely into a weight loss program.

First of all, you have to shop for the right Parmesan cheese and find one that is low fat.  There are two brands I find in my local grocery stores: Sargento Artisan Blends, which has 1.5 grams of fat, and Private Selection, a Kroger brand that you can find in the deli at Fry's Food Stores, which is even lower in fat at 1 gram per serving. Check all the options at your grocer of choice and you'll find that they range from 1 to 8 grams of fat.  Pick the one with the lowest fat content; the taste is still great and you'll never miss that fat!

Parmesan cheese works great as a tasty crusting for various dishes such as zuchinni, eggplant and of course, chicken.  The recipe I found called for:

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise (I used a low fat generic brand mayo)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used the Sargento Artisan blend)
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
  • 4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs 
For the recipe directions, visit this webpage: Hellman's

Using lowfat mayo, lowfat Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs, one serving of Parmesan Crusted Chicken (appx 4 oz) came out to 6 WW+ pts. It was delicious!

Note: In the picture above - Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Heinz Homestyle Roasted Turkey Gravy and Green Giant Herb Veggies. 11 pts total for a very filling dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Patio Container Garden - a fun way to get some exercise!

Disclosure: As an Amazon associate I may earn from qualifying purchases mentioned in this article.  My stacking compost system I started my ...