Eggplant Parmesan Stack for Weight Watchers
This is one of my favorite dishes to make! I love it whether I am trying to lose weight or just hungry!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Medium to Large Eggplant
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 2-3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (1.5g fat)
- Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Large Tomato
- Salt to taste (minimal needed)
- Peel Eggplant and slice into 1 inch thick slices, salt if desired but don't get carried way because the Parmesan cheese is salty. I usually don't add any salt.)
- Drop 1 egg + egg white into zippered baggie and shake together.
- Mix together Parmesan cheeses in flat bowl
- Add sliced eggplant to egg mixture in baggie and shake to coat lightly
- Dip each eggplant slice into cheese mixture creating a light batter.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and add a little additional olive oil (1 teaspoon or as needed)
- Brown each side of coated slice of eggplant , testing with fork to make sure eggplant is cooked through (approx 5 to 8 minutes)
- While eggplant is cooking, slice tomato
- Place one slice of cooked eggplant
- Stack one to two slices of tomato, a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce and sprinkle a bit of mozzarella cheese
- Stack a second slice of eggplant
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and another spoonful or so of marinara sauce
4 Weight Watchers Pts
Refrigerate the extra slices for quick future meals.