Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken Tostadas ala Chris Powell



I saw Chris Powell on TV (Trainer from ABC’s “Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition) talking about this recipe and I decided it sounded easy and tasty. I wrapped this filling in a flour tortilla, rather than using a corn tortilla. I also omitted the salsa because I liked it more like fajitas.  See below for a link to his exact recipe.

 
Chicken "Tostada" Filling

WW Point Plus: 4 per serving
Makes 6 servings


Ingredients:

  • 8 Ounces Chicken Breast, sliced
  • 1 Green Pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 Medium Onion, sliced
  • 1 - 15 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 Tbls Olive Oil
  • 5-6 sprays Olive Oil Spray

Cooking Directions:
  1. Spray pan with olive oil spray and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. 
  2. Saute onions and green peppers until crisp tender. 
  3. Push vegetables to edges of pan and add thinly sliced chicken breast in center. Cook 3-4 minutes, until done.  
  4. Add can of black beans and heat thoroughly.  
Wrap in corn or flour or corn tortilla or over Baked Tostitos.  (Be sure to count the appropriate points!) Top with shredded lettuce if desired.


Chris Powell's Chicken Tostada Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Patio Container Garden - a fun way to get some exercise!

Disclosure: As an Amazon associate I may earn from qualifying purchases mentioned in this article.  My stacking compost system I started my ...