Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cabbage and Bacon




This is one of my favorite side dishes or quick meals.  I love cabbage cooked this way.

WW+ Pts 5 for the whole batch (I eat it all in one sitting for dinner!)

Fry 2 strips of Bacon, cut up
Reduce bacon grease to 1 Tablespoon (eyeball it)
Add 1/2 head thinly sliced Cabbage
Season with Seasoning Salt and Pepper
Stir fry on medium heat until crisp tender
Cover and cook to preference, stirring frequently

Note: I sometimes add a tablespoon or so of hot water if needed.

Alternate Veggies to try: If you don't like cabbage, I also use frozen french cut green beans or thinly sliced brussel sprouts.  It tastes equally good with all 3 of these vegetables!


That's it! It's yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Patio Container Garden - a fun way to get some exercise!

Disclosure: As an Amazon associate I may earn from qualifying purchases mentioned in this article.  My stacking compost system I started my ...