Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Eggplant Parmesan Stack

Eggplant Parmesan Stack for Weight Watchers


This is one of my favorite dishes to make! I love it whether I am trying to lose weight or just hungry!


Makes 4 Servings

  • 1 Medium to Large Eggplant
  • 1 egg plus 1 egg white
  • 2-3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (1.5g fat)
  • Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 Large Tomato
  • Salt to taste (minimal needed)
  1. Peel Eggplant and slice into 1 inch thick slices, salt if desired but don't get carried way because the Parmesan cheese is salty. I usually don't add any salt.)
  2. Drop 1 egg + egg white into zippered baggie and shake together.
  3. Mix together Parmesan cheeses in flat bowl
  4. Add sliced eggplant to egg mixture in baggie and shake to coat lightly
  5. Dip each eggplant slice into cheese mixture creating a light batter.
  6. Spray pan with non-stick spray and add a little additional olive oil (1 teaspoon or as needed)
  7. Brown each side of coated slice of eggplant , testing with fork to make sure eggplant is cooked through (approx 5 to  8 minutes)
  8. While eggplant is cooking, slice tomato
On serving plate:
  • Place one slice of cooked eggplant
  • Stack one to two slices of tomato, a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce and sprinkle a bit of mozzarella cheese
  • Stack a second slice of eggplant
  • Top with grated Parmesan cheese and another spoonful or so of marinara sauce

4 Weight Watchers Pts
Refrigerate the extra slices for quick future meals. 

2 comments:

My Patio Container Garden - a fun way to get some exercise!

Disclosure: As an Amazon associate I may earn from qualifying purchases mentioned in this article.  My stacking compost system I started my ...