Jennifer Hudson is an icon when it comes to Weight Watchers and she recently shared some of her weight loss secrets on the Dr. Oz Show. Her recipe for a "No Noodle Lasagna" went viral on Facebook recently and for good reason! I tried it and it is delicious!
Recipe note: I didn't have the eggplant so I just used zucchini from my sister's garden.
In case you missed this recipe from the Dr. Oz show, here it is:
Jennifer Hudson Veggie Lasagna Recipe
(Only 5 Weight Watchers points per serving)
- Cooking spray
- 1 med eggplant – Trim the eggplant into slices lengthwise
- 2 large uncooked zucchini sliced and trimmed into 1/4 inch thick slices lengthwise
- 1 large beaten egg
- 3/4 pound part skim ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray
- Place the 1/4 inch lenghtwise sliced eggplant on one prepared baking sheet nd do the same with the zucchini on the other baking sheet
- Roast for 8 minutes
- Turn vegetables and roast 7-10 additional mins
- Remove from oven
- Combine egg, ricotta cheese, basil, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- After you have removed the veggies from the oven reduce heat to 350 degrees
- Spray 14″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray
- Spread thin layer of marinara sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer eggplant over sauce
- Add another layer of marinara sauce over eggplant
- Add Ricotta cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over the eggplant and marinara sauce
- Add layer of zucchini
- Add Remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35-40 minutes until the bottom starts to bubble
- Remove from oven to cool
- After the lasagna cools you can cut it into 12 pieces
- Each piece is considered one serving
Note : If you can’t cut the eggplant or zucchini lengthwise you can cut them into 1/4 inch round slices as well and layer accordingly.
Enjoy! Thank you Weight Watchers!