Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Almost All Veggie Spaghetti Sauce for Weight Watchers

I called this my "almost" all veggie spaghetti sauce because it is made primarily with veggies but does have a small portion of ground beef for flavor. I cheat a bit by starting with one of my favorite store bought marinara sauces and doctor it up with the fresh veggies.  It's tasty and easy to make too!

Makes 10 - 1/2 cup servings
WW Points Plus Value per serving: 2

Ingredients:
  •  6 ounces ground beef (or turkey), browned (I keep cooked portions frozen in a freezer bag.)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 small eggplant, cubed
  • 1 - 26 ounce jar of low point marinara (the one I used has 1.5g fat, 13g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g protein)
  • Optional: Mushrooms
Directions:
  • Brown ground beef and drain off any remaining oil, or use precooked from your freezer
  • Spray skillet with olive oil
  • Saute onion and green pepper
 Add eggplant, stir into onions and peppers and cook additional 5 minutes, covered.
Add ground beef and spaghetti sauce. Simmer 15-20 minutes, adding a little water if it gets too thick



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Patio Container Garden - a fun way to get some exercise!

Disclosure: As an Amazon associate I may earn from qualifying purchases mentioned in this article.  My stacking compost system I started my ...